Jack Kirby. Jack KING Kirby. It’s important to note that he was one of the MOST influential artists in the comic book industry. If not one of than THE most. His style is the most recognisable and elements of it can be found in many of my favorite artists of my youth and even today. Continue reading
Only you can prevent neighborhood fires. Only You.
Just go watch a professional show, if you can’t then here are some tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety…
Recommended Safety Tips
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
Keeping this short and sweet(ish).
- Not a fan of the redesign.
- The story is very retconned, but interesting.
- I’m all for weird twists, so I am going to wait for the rest of the story.
Batman and Captain America have been my two favorite solo heroes since I was a child. I’ve seen crazy stories come and go. If you don’t like this then wait for a few months, it will be totally different, just like every other change that Steve has gone though.
I don’t have much to say about this one. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. This isn’t influenced by heady memories from a halcyon age, but I like it. It’s not a great movie. It’s not even a good movie. What it is is a snapshot of a bygone age and it takes me back, way back. Reb Brown did a good job, as good as he could, and all in all it’s entertaining.
Here is the plot from Wikipedia. I would re-write one but this is all you need to know:
Steve Rogers is a character in contemporary times whose father was a 1940s government agent. The very patriotic attitude of Steve’s father earned him the nickname Captain America, and his father is spoken of as having been murdered. Rogers, a former Marine now making what little living he makes as an artist, is inspired by this story to sketch a super-hero. After receiving potentially fatal injuries in an accident, he is administered an experimental chemical called the FLAG — Full Latent Ability Gain — formula (at one point referred to as a “super-steroid”) which not only saves his life but also enhances his body with heightened strength and reflexes. These new abilities lead Dr. Simon Mills (Len Birman), the research biochemist and intelligence official who had told Rogers about his father, to recruit him and give Steve a costume based on his drawing. As Captain America, he also makes significant use of a specialized reconstruction of the van he has been driving, out the rear of which can be launched a modified motorcycle. Its functions include a rocket thrust for a fast start out of the van, a jet boost for increased speed, a setting to allow the bike to be ridden with less noise for stealthier movement and a hang glider structure which can allow the bike to glide to the ground with some forward momentum, although it must be jettisoned upon landing.
Marvel is distributing these free of charge so head over to https://comicstore.marvel.com/All-New-All-Different-Marvel-Previews-1/digital-comic/39120 for your own copy. Or you can always just look at what I have posted here 🙂