Jack Kirby. Jack KING Kirby. It’s important to note that he was one of the MOST influential artists in the comic book industry. If not one of than THE most. His style is the most recognisable and elements of it can be found in many of my favorite artists of my youth and even today. Continue reading “Happy 99th Birthday Jack Kirby”
Only you can prevent neighborhood fires. Only You.
Just go watch a professional show, if you can’t then here are some tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety…
Recommended Safety Tips
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
Keeping this short and sweet(ish).
- Not a fan of the redesign.
- The story is very retconned, but interesting.
- I’m all for weird twists, so I am going to wait for the rest of the story.
Batman and Captain America have been my two favorite solo heroes since I was a child. I’ve seen crazy stories come and go. If you don’t like this then wait for a few months, it will be totally different, just like every other change that Steve has gone though.